Emotional Dysregulation in Psychiatric Disorders
- Dr. med. Lea Schäppi
- PD Dr. med. Katharina Stegmayer
- Dr. med. Andrea Cantisani
- Prof. Dr. med. Werner Strik
- Dr. med. Georgios Schoretsanitis
- Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Walther
- Biomarkers of interpersonal space regulation in schizophrenia: a physiological and neuroimaging study.
- Markers of quality of life in multiple sclerosis: the impact of nonverbal social communication.
- Interpersonal space regulation in subjects at risk for psychosis.
With our research we attempt to clarify emotional dysregulation in psychiatric conditions. We developed and validated a modern, dimensional assessment of psychotic symptoms in schizophrenia. Applying this scale, we were able to map for the first time a dimension of schizophrenia psychopathology (affect dysregulation) to brain structure and brain function. Such a form of behavioural neurology (or biological psychology) is innovative and seems to us necessary to make progress in schizophrenia research.